Culture and Geography Volume 2 Issue 1 August-September 2022

Life in Venezuela

By

Víctor Jiménez

Hi there! My name is Víctor Jiménez, and I was born in a place called Venezuela in South America. I lived there for about five years of my life. Today, I want to tell you how beautiful and amazing my country is. I might not remember much, but I know enough to make you want to go there eventually.  


Venezuela’s wonders

Today I want to be truthful, not arrogant or a liar and I want to tell you now that it is not a perfect place. My country has gone through many things like Maduro’s presidency which put our economy in not the best place. For example, Maduro’s presidency made our Venezuelan bolivar almost worthless. But I don’t want to talk about that. Venezuela is a fascinating place ruined by tyrants, but even in its present state, I would like you to visit my homeland someday. 

Venezuela’s people are so kind, the beaches there glimmer with hope, and Venezuela’s geographical features are breath taking. Also, our capital Caracas is a chill place. I will share with you five places that I have visited and seen - the magnificent beaches, the place I was born, the Salto Angel waterfall,  and this might not be a place but it sure is good, our food and culture.

Mind Blowing Water

One of my favorite things to do is go in the pool and swim. I think I got that from Venezuela’s awesome beaches and water falls as they are excellent to hang out with friends and family. When I went to the beach, we had a little hut where we cooked fresh fish we caught. I loved that place. I enjoyed it even more when my family invited me to fish with them. Then, came the waterfalls. When you look at them, you feel the calmest sensation you might feel in your life. In Venezuela, we have the Salto Angel Waterfall. It is the highest non-interrupted waterfall in the world. It is 979 meters. The water in Venezuela is the best I have ever gone to.

Home for many

My home and where I was born was in Margarita in Venezuela. In Margarita, everyone is hospitable. When I crossed the streets by car, I could see my neighborhood and sometimes big buildings looking down at me. It was a great sight every time I went to my mom’s work. But the thing I loved the most other than the sights was the food. Sometimes we would go to a nearby food truck which would give us the most mouthwatering empanadas ever.


Empanadas are made with corn dough which you stuff with chicken, meat, cheese, etc. then you fry it and you got yourself an empanada! At home, I would eat an arepa that my mom made or soup and both dishes were very enjoyable for me. 

Culture in Venezuela 

Our culture in Venezuela includes our food like arepas, empanadas, tequeños, and soup. We also have our traditional music which are joropo and folklore, but a lot of people dance salsa and merengue.


I hope that you will be able to visit Venezuela someday.



Comments

Twitter